The Unit-for-Two is under the same roof as the 2BR Cottage. Each area is fully self-contained with their own private BBQ area and fully fenced yards.
ENTRY TO THE UNIT-FOR-TWO
Access to the Unit is through the gate to the left of the house.
Entry is via a mobile app called OMGate. Prior to your stay please download the OMGate app to your mobile phone and register your name and number. You can also let us know the name and number of other guests who are with you during your stay if you would like them to also have the Entry App.
On the morning of your stay, please text 0409 706727 to request that you are connected to the Unit. It works much the same as a roller door remote so it does not need mobile reception to operate, only to register. When you reach the property the app button will activate and when you reach the door, press it to release the door lock so that you can slide the door open. Once you hear the click of the door lock being released, you have five seconds to slide the door open. You may have to give it a bit of a tug, but do not force it if you do not hear the click. Once inside, the door will lock automatically when closed. To open the door from inside, press the "Press to Exit" button inside and then slide the door open. You can leave the door open a little throughout the day. The other deck door is unlocked and locked from inside only.
Escape to a special place in time where you can relax in a cosy fully self-contained Unit just for two and enjoy the beauty and harmony that nature has to offer. Enjoy your own private, relaxing home-away-from-home, just 100m from the beach, on the Great Ocean Road.
Sit and watch the waves on a private, covered deck with your own BBQ, outdoor setting and bamboo blinds for your privacy. The Unit also has a small, private, tropical oasis side area with a hammock and outdoor setting where you can relax . Fully fenced and secure for pets.
Keren's Place is 15 mins from Lorne, just around the corner from Wye River 1km, 15 minute walk via Paddy's Path across the hill and a perfect base for day trips to tourist attractions along the Great Ocean Road.
Plan to stay for at least 2 nights. We know that you cannot relax completely if you know that you have to pack up again in the morning. For this reason we prefer a minimum stay of 2 nights 3 nights for Long Weekends.
Find out why hard-working people love to return every year, with their pets, to enjoy its unique rustic charm. More than a destination, it's a state of mind.
Also available is a cosy 2BR COTTAGE see also Keren's Place - 2BR Cottage, under the same roof, available separately or together.
- Fully Self Contained
- 100 metres to the beach
- Air conditioned for your comfort
- 2 night minimum stay 3 nights on Long Weekends
- Entry available via mobile phone app downloaded prior to your stay
- Please note that Telstra mobile reception is good, no coverage at Sep for Optus and other carriers
- QS bed
- Doonas, pillows and extra cuddly blankets are provided.
- BYO Linen: Sheets, pillowslips, towels, bathmats, teatowels.
- Coffee, Tea, a selection of herbal teas are provided for your convenience
- Dining table
- TVDVD player
- Blu-Ray player
- Air conditioning
- Bar fridge
LIMITED COOKING FACILITIES:
BBQ under cover, Microwave, electric jug, electric frying pan, toaster, rice cooker, turbo convection benchtop cooker, some condiments, crockery, cutlery.
- Doonas, doona covers, pillows and extra blankets are provided.
- Guests bring their own linen sheets, pillow cases, bath towels and tea towels. Also bath mats and hand towels if required.
- We provide toiletries from the luxurious Serendipity range of products for your convenience - HandBody Wash, Shampoo, Conditioner and Hand Lotion. These products are enriched with moisturising and restorative ingredients including botanical oils. They are free from parabens, sodium laurel sulphate, SLS & SLES and do not contain animal-derived ingredients or artificial colours, and are never tested on animals.
- Spacious deck under cover with bamboo blinds for privacy
- Gas BBQ under cover
- Indooroutdoor living - outdoor settings under cover on deck and in BBQ area
- Small private tropical oasis with hammock and additional outdoor setting
- Yard is fenced with gates, separate areas from 2BR Cottage garden
- Ideal for pets
Travel times and Guest Book comments
Approx 2.5 hours from Melbourne
Approx 1.5 hours from Geelong - leisurely drive
15 mins from Lorne, towards Apollo Bay
20 mins from Apollo Bay, towards Lorne
1 min from Wye River 10 min walk
Guest Book comments:
"This is a home away from home - a beautiful place to relax or a safe haven to return to after a day trip. We will definitely be back. Thank you for sharing this lovely place with us".
"We absolutely love it here Keren - and your garden is looking marvellous. The ocean is just sublime, as is your Cottage. Thank you".
"Thank you for sharing your space. It has been a wonderful couple of days. Hope to be back soon".
Things to do ....
Relax .... relax ..... relax ......
- Do whatever makes you happy
- Relax on the deck and watch the waves
- Feed the kookaburras and King Parrots
- Stroll along the beach
- Enjoy a meal or a cuppa at the Wye General Store, Wye River Hotel or Kennett River Cafe.
- Go fishing
- Sit on the beach and just relax
- Enjoy a leisurely stroll along the winding tracks through the native bush, or take one of the local Heritage Trails
- Watch TV or a DVD
- Meditate to a relaxing and rejuvenating meditation CD
- Take day trips to the Twelve Apostles, the Otway Fly and other attractions along the Great Ocean Road
- Take a day trip to Colac and visit some of the local tourist attractions, including Red Rock extinct volcano and wineries.
TO CONFIRM YOUR BOOKING PLEASE CONTACT US WITHIN 24 HOURS TO ARRANGE PAYMENT.
Arrival time is from 3pm and departure time is prior to 11am. Early arrival or late departure may be available by prior arrangement.
Please be sure to read the full Booking Information document prior to booking, as payment, confirmation of the booking and commencement of tenancy implies acceptance of the booking requirements. It also contains directions and information for entry. You will find it at as
Keren's Place is your holiday home-away-from-home. It is a condition of booking that you leave Keren's Place as you found it. Please take time prior to your departure to ensure that indoor and outdoor furniture is returned to its original location, utensils are left in the same place, dishes are washed, dried and put away and floors are cleaned.
Keren's place is pet friendly and welcomes your pet as an important member of your family. Your pet is allowed inside providing they are house-trained. Please vacuum prior to your departure and take extra care to ensure there is no pet hair on furniture, rugs or floors and all pet droppings are picked up from the outdoor area. A vacuum cleaner is provided for your use. Failure to comply with these conditions will incur an additional cleaning charge as outlined in the Booking Information, and possible forfeiture of the bond.
We have lift off!!! We have settled! Thank goodness for that! Thank you for your support Grant we appreciate the work you have done in this little block
Hi Grant Thank you so much. It’s has been an absolute pleasure dealing with yourself and Bonnie over the years, and looking forward to doing more business together in future! Regards Tracey Dean Licensed Estate Agent Sweeney Estate Agents -
Dear Grant A huge thank you for all your assistance for me and my business Best Regards Georgina